Trade Stand Hampton Court Flower Show 2016
Historically Hampton Court was the seat of Henry VIII and his many wives …
… but for a week in July each year it’s the seat of The RHS and their many flower show attractions!
INCLUDING OUR TRADE STAND.
You may not know …
- The first RHS Hampton Court Flower Show was held in 1993 and has since gone on to become the world’s largest flower show.
- For the first Hampton Court Palace Shows, Network Southeast laid on special trains from Waterloo, and the railway porters all wore carnations in their hats.
- The British Rose Festival was introduced in the second show, in 1991.
- In 1998, a Hampton Court model garden was rebuilt at the Royal Hospital for Neurodisability in Putney.
- In 1998, Leyhill Open Prison won a Gold medal for a garden at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. This incident provided the basis for the film Greenfingers (2001), starring Helen Mirren.
And finally, here's the round up of the gardens from 2016 ...