- They are considered to bring good luck.
- Sir Charles Isham first created the garden gnome in the UK during the 1400’s.
- They’re banned from the RHS Chelsea Flower Show - not sure why!
- They have a life expectancy of 400 years - apparently!
- Their main enemies are people who don’t care for the environment and trolls, obviously.
- The world’s oldest gnome is called Lampy and is worth a cool £2 million.
- They kiss by rubbing noses.
Good Old Lionel …
A guiding light …
Garden Gnomes are a thing of fancy and highly collectible with hundreds of different designs available across the world.
But how many are handmade from recycled shipping drums and designed by an Australian Jewellery Maker like good old Lionel here?
Not many, we imagine, and that’s why he’ll make such a great addition to any home or garden.
He’s finished with a tough lacquer in vibrant colours making him great for outdoor use all year round. Although we can’t say he’ll make a particularly good look out as he can’t see underneath his hat but he will definitely brighten the place up.
A few things you may not know about garden gnomes ...